This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
The policy was updated on 18th September 2017.
What data we gather
- Email Address
- What U3A group you belong to and the role, if any, you hold in the organisation
- Information pertaining to workshops, study days and other regional activities
- Website usage data
How we use this data
- For our own internal records
- To understand what regional activities you or your U3A may benefit from
- To send you news of U3A activities in our region
- The website usage data is used in an aggregated way to understand how our website is being used.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information about you
When you provide your email address you are agreeing to receive emails from us. If you change your mind you can:-
- Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email
- Send an email to info@yahrU3A.co.uk
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties outside the U3A movement
We use an online database service which encrypts your data.