Yorkshire & the Humber Region Committee
This privacy notice sets out the way we process your information and how we use it. We will always refer to this policy when we ask you for your consent. The Data Controller is the YAHR Regional Committee and is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation when it takes effect on May 25th 2018.
How we collect your information
We collect your personal information in three ways:-
- When you register to attend one of our events
- When you complete a form on our website requesting news of our activities
- When you, as chair or secretary of your U3A, tell us that you have taken up this role
Information we collect
- Your name and postal address
- Your email address
- The U3A that you belong to
- Your role in this U3A as appropriate
- Any special dietary or access requirements
How we use your personal information
- If you are the chair or secretary of your U3A we use it to send you information for distribution to other members of your committee and members of your U3A.
- To send you information about events that we have arranged or any activity that we judge to be of interest to you as a U3A member.
- In the case of special dietary and access requirements we use the information when we arrange catering and access to events.
Sharing your information with others
We do not share your information with any other organisations other than our data processors. These are:
- Airtable to store data that we collect in the forms on our website
- Mailchimp to send out mass emails
We have made a risk assessment of these organisations and are satisfied that the risk of a security breach is low.
How long is your information kept
Every 2 years we will email you and ask you to sign up again if you wish to continue to hear from us.
You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you. (This is known as a “subject access request”). You should write to:-
YAHR Secretary, 361 Bricknell Ave, Hull, HU5 4TN
If you do this you should include your telephone number so we can verify your identity.
You can also ask us to delete all the information we hold about you and you can make this request by email to secretary@yahrU3A.co.uk
Updating and amending your personal information
If your information needs amending you should inform our secretary via secretary@yahrU3A.co.uk